Monday 19 January 2009

In Vivo

You've got to try Cafe Vivo in Newcastle. Honest Italian food. At last, an Italian style restaurant in the town that doesn't ram pasta and pizza down your throat as if there's no other option. We were knocked back by the flavours they packed into the food. The girlfriend had the best bruschetta with portobello mushrooms ever tasted and I would second that cos I knicked some. I had prawns with lemon and chilli dressing and they were superb, followed by succulent moist Tuscan pork. I thought my eating partner was going to faint when she tried her steak, cooked rare with true flavour. So good. The restaurant has to be a winner, it should be, it's a Terry Laybourne thing, the man behind Jesmond Dene and Cafe 21. A great start to the night, just before going to see Sarah Millican.

No comments: