Tuesday 23 April 2013

Come on and do the conger...

If you read my blogs you will know that we celebrate our birthdays in the home by surprising the other half with a weekend away. OK so you mock me for being so romantic and thoughtful and then writing about it; making you feel guilty that you haven't done the same and you hope the wife doesn't find out. However in my true arrogant style I will ignore your thoughts and tell you that for my birthday this year, this did not happen. This was not down to the other half being less romantic our thoughtful but to do with our new life as a family.

Instead I was taken to a very posh restaurant, visited only once before. It's a special occasion and she wanted to make an effort and I felt she hit the mark. We arrived at Jesmond Dene House for dinner. I was dressed in my waistcoat looking like a boy-band reject. The missus as usual looked stunning and classical (I know you are reading this), sporting a new haircut too.


As I was the birthday boy, the food I had was very good. I had a smoked eel starter. I've never seen an eel smoke. I guess they smoke when they are stressed or when they are electrocuted. I followed it with venison which was once a little deer...(oh god, I'm going to have to stop, it must be a dad-thing).

This was the first time out since our family changes and it was a different experience. I just have to do the same in a few months.

No comments: