Tuesday 2 March 2010

King of the Castle

I can't remember the last time I was in Otterburn, maybe when I was a kid with the school, but at the weekend we stayed there at the Tower Castle Hotel. The lady in my life had decided to surprise me for my birthday, isn't she good? She chose well as it's got awards for its food and as you may know I like a bit of food and to whittle on about it on this web site from time to time. In between the lush food which is all supplied by its farm and local suppliers, we managed a game of darts and some hill walks which helped to soften the belly.

The best walk was in the Cheviot's where the contrast between pure blue sky, green grass and thick snow was at times spectacular. It was fun to step into knee deep snow and try and work out where to go without seeing tracks and paths. That's why we got a bit lost and managed to take a longer route making it 7 miles instead of 5. I still feel full of those Northumbrian breakfasts so could do with another long walk, or maybe a game of darts again. That's what you do when you're this age...

No comments: